– 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
– 1 bunch of sping onion, thinly sliced
– 3-4 carrots, cut into julienne
– 200 g thin noodles, pre-cooked (use rice, Chinese or bean thread noodles)
– 1 packet (20 pieces) spring roll rice paper wrappers
– coriander, basil, chopped (optional)
For the citrus soy sauce
– juice of 2 lemons
– juice of 2 clementines
– 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
– 3/4 cup soy sauce
To make the sauce in a bowl whisk together all the sauce’s ingredients and set aside.
To assemble rolls, dip one piece of rice paper in warm water to soften (for about 15 seconds) and shake gently to remove excess liquid. Lay wrapper on a clean, dry surface. (Don’t forget that this paper is very thin and the more you pack in, the harder it will be too seal without it breaking.) Arrange some of the noodles in the center of the wrapper. Lay a small handful of carrots, cucumber, red bell pepper and spring onion slices on top of the noodles.
The roll up… I like to pull one side of the rice paper (that is closer to me) completely over, trapping in the ingredients. Then, fold your edges in and bring the remaining side over for a complete seal. Repeat until all ingredients are used up. (Here are two videos that help you to learn how to roll.)
Serve spring rolls sliced on the bias with dipping sauce and enjoy!