When it’s time to wrap up warm, it’s also time to dig out the pots and the soup recipes. I love soup at any time of year but particularly in autumn and winter and this one rich in taste and in texture, making sure you get lots of nutrients in the cold, dark months.
– half of a smaller butternut squas, peeled, deseeded and cubed
– 1 medium rutabaga, peeled and cubed
– 1 small bunch of kale, washed and chopped
– 1 onion, peeled and diced
– 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
– 1/2 cup black beluga lentils
– 1 smaller ripe avocado, diced
– 1/2 bunch of parsley, chopped
– 1 teaspoon cumin
– salt, pepper
– olive oil
Preheat oven to 180C (350F). In a bowl toss butternut squash and rutabaga with olive oil, salt and pepper and spread evenly onto a sheet pan. Roast the vegetables for 45 minutes, or until browned and tender, stirring once halfway through cooking. Leave it cool and set aside.