One day I woke up and I knew I had to make vegan chocolate popsicles somehow. I was looking for recipes but didn’t find anything suitable for me. Then I had the idea that I hade made raw chocolate ganache cake before and what would happen if I used that recipe for the popsicles…
Then I tried…
I tested the recipe…
And you know what happened?
Not exactly! We had creamy, thick chocolate-y vegan popsicles to enjoy! Yum!
It’s easy to make and I dare to say it is the healthy version of chocolate popsicles.
Don’t miss this experience!
Vegan Chocolate Popsicles with Roasted Almonds
Ingredients (for 4 popsicles)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 50 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 60-70 g coconut flower sugar or cane sugar
- 30 g coconut oil
- 100-150 ml almond milk (you can substitute with rice- or oat- or soymilk)
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeded
- pinch of salt
- small handful of almond
Roast the almonds in a dry non-stick pan for 5-6 minutes. Set aside to cool, then chop them roughly.
Place all other ingredients in a food processor then blend everything until smooth. If you find it too thick, add a little bit more almond milk. Put half of the roasted almonds into the popsicle molds, then pour the chocolate ganache cream over the almonds. Sprinkle the remaining almond over the top, insert sticks and freeze until solid (at least 2 hours).
Sites That Link to this Post
- Free Recipe On How To Make Bread PuddingHow To - How To's! | How To - How To's! | May 11, 2013
- Ghiaccioli: Ice Pops | Firenze Moms 4 Moms Network Expat Group | May 13, 2013
- The Greatist Table: 5 Healthy Popsicle Recipes from Around the Web - FitnessFocussed.com | July 15, 2013
- The Greatist Table: 5 Healthy Popsicle Recipes from Around the Web - Panic and Anxiety News Blog | Panic and Anxiety News Blog | July 16, 2013
- Vegan Chocolate Popsicles - @GameNTrain | July 17, 2013
- 5 Healthy Popsicle Recipes from Around the Web | Complete Recipe | July 26, 2013
- Vegan Chocolate Popsicles | Popsicle Recipes | October 27, 2013